Friday 22 January 2010

At least they're talented...

'BLOG!' She says! 'Blog NOW!' And so I oblige. Never mind the precious seconds ticking away like sand through an hourglass, every moment taking us closer to death. Never mind the staggering inevitability of our own mortality engulfing every waking second with its ominous presence. We're all going to die and the whole world is awful, but sometimes composers are attractive. So I spose it's ok.

Every so often I do a little thing called teaching people to play the piano, hence I own an AMEB Manual of Syllabuses. My alcohol addled brain actually could not think of a single composer I might like to search for images of so I pulled out the horrendously large book and started to google every single composer in the piano syllabus. From this I learned that if you google "Hensel" you get stuff about some conjoined twins, and if you google "Moscheles" you get some of the most incredible mutton chop sideburns in history. Then I got bored and gave up.
SO
before the weight of the world crushes me to the point where my fingers can no longer type and I can no longer right-click-save images, these are my findings.

Ernst von Dohnanyi reminds me of a bartender I've seen drunk many many times, only better looking.


Charles-Valentin Alkan looks fairly sweet behind all his facial hair, but then, I'm a fan of french-men.


Adolph Henselt was possibly the inspiration for the film "Coneheads"


and finally, Moszkowski had a Moustache-Wars worthy Mo.


The moral of this story is, never study music. And if you do, never start a blog about composers.
Or if you do, don't bother looking through the AMEB piano syllabus. Everyone's Ugly.

7 comments:

  1. I AM SHE.
    I LIKE BEING SHE.
    AND I APPRECIATE AND APPROVE OF THIS POST MUCHLY.
    I REALLY LIKE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M TOTALLY GOING THROUGH THE GUITAR AMEB COMPOSERS! DIBS DIBS DIBS DIBS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have it, considering Evan is your only competition, AND HE NEVER WRITES ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I showed my mum. She laughed for about 5 minutes about Henselt and how funny looking he is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all of them.
    And I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha am I correct in guessing the first guy is Johnny? Awesome

    ReplyDelete