Monday 28 December 2009

Rufus Wainwright

I am very much liking this trend we have created here of posting photos of wonderfully attractive young musicians, not widely known for their compositional skillz, then having an AHA! BLAM! KAPOW! moment of revelation, proving, with references to Wikipedia, that they, interestingly enough, WROTE AN ENTIRE SERIES OF 14 SYMPHONIES ALL BASED AROUND A SINGLE, PARTICULARLY DISSONANT INTERVAL AND ARE IN FACT A GENIUS, BETTER THAN BACH, BEETHOVEN AND MOZART COMBINED.

So, with that in mind I give you... Rufus Wainwright.

"What??" ("What??" with TWO question marks!) I hear you cry! "But he is just a wonderful and attractive singer/songwriter who does fantastic renditions of Judy Garland songs!"
AHA! BLAM! KAPOW!
Not ONLY does he do all of these things. HE ALSO WROTE AN OPERA. WITH THE LIBRETTO ENTIRELY IN FRENCH! FRENCH!!!! Which he actually co-wrote. None of this "I'm just going to take someone else's play and make it musical" - I'm looking at you Verdi.

Oh if he wasn't gay, IF HE WASN'T GAY....the things I would do to him...
LOL

3 comments:

  1. 1. excellent picture
    2. bitch, as if you stole him from me. I'll steal your new fob watch.
    3. 20 million points for end quote. If the boy ever reads this, it will be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished it with the word lol.....

    ReplyDelete