Monday 7 December 2009

Ignacy Paderewski

This crazy-haired Polish dude somehow managed to be fairly attractive, a really really good composer, and the third Prime Minister of Poland. He was totally one of the guys who signed the Treaty of Versailles. (Yeah! take that Beethoven! How many wars did HE end?) He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame too. (I think all this success was entirely based on his hair, but then, I could be wrong...)
Not entirely sure why, but apparently after he died, his heart was encased in a bronze sculpture that is now in the 'National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa' somewhere in America. (Does any one find that slightly creepy?) Yeah, and apparently his ghost haunts some Polish building somewhere.

Fun facts aside, I think he was a nice looking guy. Oh and did i mention the SWEET MO!?

1 comment:

  1. love in a thousand different ways.
    also: nice cravat.
    also: please encase my heart in something awesome when I die. But make it a shrine to me please.

    ReplyDelete