Wednesday 10 February 2010

"Non, non, non! En Francais!" "Le hoh hoh hoh hoh hoh"



This is Jacques Ibert. I know very little about him, except for the following:

1. He wrote this superhuge Concerto for Flute and Orchestra which makes me think the following when I attempt to play it: "JACQUES WHAT THE HELL MY FINGERS CANNOT MOVE THIS FAST WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO BREATHE CURSE YOU AND YOUR MAGICAL COMPOSITIONAL SKILLZ OF INSANITY." It has a simple key. And so you breathe a sigh of relief, because how could you possibly play all those semi-quavers and demi-semi-quavers if they were in a hard key?!?! THAT'S RIGHT. YOU COULDN'T. AND THEN HE THROWS IN A WHOLE FUCKING LOT OF ACCIDENTALS. NOT EVEN EXPECTED ACCIDENTALS. JUST A WHOLE BUNCH OF REALLY STUPID INNAPPROPRIATE ACCIDENTALS.
In spite of this, it's a really nice concerto.
2. He has a moustache that looks like it has been cut with a ruler. I applaud his commitment, but to be honest, I prefer my moustaches excessive and curly.
That is to say, I don't like moustaches, but you may as well make them extravagant if you have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment